Temporary Skilled Shortage Visa (TSS)

Temporary Work Visa

Immigration Lawyer Perth can assist you to acquire a Temporary Work Visa.

A Temporary Work visa (subclass 482) is a visa that allows skilled workers to stay in Australia for up to 4 years. The holder must work in an approved business in the nominated occupation with the company sponsoring your residence.

The company is only allowed to sponsor someone for this visa if they can't find a permanent resident or Australian citizen to do the work.

You, as the applicant and skilled worker, don't need to be in Australia when you file the application. However, it can help ease the process if you have an immigration lawyer providing expertise and support in case anything unexpected occurs.

A Temporary Work visa grants the holder the following privileges:

  • Work in Australia for up to four years
  • Bring family members to work or study in Australia
  • Travel in and out of Australia as needed within the visa period

An applicant must be nominated to work in one of those approved areas and meet the requirements regarding skill to be considered.

Obviously, the applicant has to speak clear English and have a nomination from a business approved by the government.

A Temporary Work visa also allows you to bring family members with you. Specifically, these individuals can be included in the process:

  • Your partner (married or de facto)
  • Any dependent children of you or your partner
  • Other dependent relatives

This requirement can make the process much more challenging because of all the things you need to track. An immigration lawyer assisting you, will make the process easier.